VAS-1011 HF Whip Antenna
- Frequency Range: 2 MHz to 30 MHz
- Power Handling: 1000 W Average
- 8 sections / 34 feet high / 20 lbs
- Stationary / mobile applications
- Exceptionally strong
- Single-person assembly and erection
- NSN: 5985-00-846-6422
The Valcom Model VAS-1011 is a light weight 8 section fibreglass whip antenna for stationary or mobile communication applications. The antenna's rolled thread ferrules provide two functions:
- positive electrical contact between sections
- maximum mechanical strength
The VAS-1011 antenna is easily assembled and erected in minutes by a single person using only hand tightening. No exposure of any metal parts when assembled reduces the RF burn hazard in the event of casual personnel contact.
The mounting base includes a termination band with a terminal lug as the input connection to the antenna system. The exceptional strength or electrical performance of the antenna will not be degraded by environmental factors, including:
- salt water
- dirt accumulation
A number of optional mounts exist for a variety of installations. Contact Valcom for the options.