VD-99-00182-1 Sloping Vee Antenna
- Frequency Range: 1800 KHz to 30 MHz
- Power Handling: 1000 W Average
- Requires no external tuning
- Lightweight and compact for storage
- Rugged weather-proof design
- Versatile many available installation configurations are quick and easy
- NSN: 5985-21-895-5483
The Valcom Sloping Vee Antenna gets its name from the method in which it is generally installed; in an inverted 'V' fashion. The feed-point is located at one end of the antenna wire, while the other end hosts a balancing network. This arrangement provides maximum matching over the broadband range of 1.8 MHz to 30 MHz. The antenna is designed to handle an average power of 1000 Watts as well as operate with transmit/receive equipment requiring a 50 Ohm antenna.
Very little is required to set-up the antenna, as it is supplied pre-assembled. A sturdy, non-conductive mast of about 30 feet in length, two non-conductive support rods and a ground rod are all that is required. With a mast of 30 feet, the ground space required for installation is about 100 feet. Also, it can be assembled by a single person, in about 20 minutes, depending on the complexity of the mast chosen.